Wednesday, September 2, 2009

First Post!

For my first post, since I'm in a building and barred from the outdoors during our class time, I find it moderately difficult to meander around. Instead I will give a taste of my adventures this past summer, and where my meandering brought me.

This summer was filled with the drone of employment, and being stuck inside the bank (until I quit!) However, with the help of my summer class (Yea Geosystems!) I found myself immersed into wonderful places in nature that I never would have discovered on my own. (And some that I did discover on my own, and with the help of others)

-Chickies Rock
-Hawk Mountain
-Dinosaur Rock
-Knoebles
-Hershey Park
-Centrailia
-Tenting in the yard!
-South Bethany Beach
-Yellow Breeches Creek at Messiah College
-FallingWater
-Kentuck Knob
-The Old Mill in Dingmans!
-Walker Lake
-Lake Stillwater
-Skytop Resort
-Seven Springs
-Dewey Beach
-Grace Road
-Area 51
-The Catalpa Tree in my driveway!

Although these locations seem very vague and insignificant, I find it incredibly pertinent to note that they're full of veritable beauty. This summer has been a journey within itself, living away from home and discovering places where I feel at home.

I hope to update with pictures, to chronicle and bring to life all of the places I have visited this summer and all the adventures I have been on. I also hope to update upon all the forthcoming adventures in the near future because as the North Face seems to exclaim I need to "Never Stop Exploring."

1 comment: